Take time this week to impart a love for reading to your kiddos by celebrating Children’s Book Week. This national celebration is focused on developing a love for reading in our youth and observing the life-changing potential of a book during a young person’s formative years. Better world books offers up these suggestions for celebrating Children’s Book Week (but feel free to celebrate all year long):
- Buy a book from BetterWorldBooks.com. With every book purchased, they donate a book to someone who needs it. The vast majority of donations goes to Books for Africa and Feed the Children.
- Pick out one of your (or one of your parents’) favorite books from childhood and introduce it to your kid at bedtime.
- Spend some time at your local library. Even a few minutes here and there in our busy schedule will help instill a lifelong love of books.
- Pen your own children’s book to read to your kids. Have them also write their own to read to you, too!
- Pick out 5 books, either from your own collection or from a book store, to donate to literacy campaigns throughout the world.
Better World Books is offering various specials and discounts this week in honor of Children’s Book Week. Pick out a few books and celebrate reading every day of the year.
TrackBack URL :